October 9, 2017 | A Devotion.
Jesus experienced enormous stress and pressure, yet it didn’t seem to disturb his peace of mind. In spite of opposition, constant demands, and little privacy, his life reflected a calm sense of balance.
What can we learn from Him?
- Know Who You Are (John 8:12) — Eighteen times Jesus publicly defined himself. There was no doubt in his mind as to who he was. Trying to be someone you’re not causes stress!
- Know Who You Want To Please (John 5:30) — Jesus never let the fear of rejection manipulate him. No one can pressure you without your permission. You can’t please everyone. Even God can’t!
- Set Clear Goals (John 8:14) — Jesus said, “I know where I came from and where I am going.” Preparation prevents pressure but procrastination produces it. You work by either priorities or pressures.
- Focus On One Thing At A Time (Luke 4:42-44) — Jesus knew how to handle interruptions without being distracted from his primary goal.
- Don’t Try To Do Everything Yourself (Mark 3:14) — Jesus enlisted twelve disciples. We get tense when we feel it all depends on us.
- Make A Habit Of Prayer (Mark 1:35) — No matter how busy Jesus got, he found time to get alone and pray. A daily quiet time is a great stress decompression chamber.
- Take Time To Enjoy Life (Mark 6:30-31) — Balance is the key to stress management. Work must be balanced with fun and worship.